Current Skincare Routine 5/26/14

Saturday, May 31, 2014


Ah skincare. A true double edged sword. On one hand you could have a product that you love and you swear by and you would marry if you could, but you could also pay thirty bucks for a face wash and not have it do diddly squat for your pretty face and be left with a gut full of regret. Fortunately for me, my feelings toward my skincare routine are much more akin to the former. Seriously my skin hasn't looked this nice in I don't know how long, so here's what I'm chalking my ever-improving complexion up to.

Tea tree. Ohmygod, mother frickin' tea tree. My skin loves it. I remember my first experience with the stuff being in Sweden when I came home from playing outside with a gajillion mosquito bites and my Farmor put tea tree oil on them to stop the itching. Now, however, I love the stuff in the form of the Cool and Creamy Tea Tree Wash from The Body Shop as well as Lush's Tea Tree Water. I've used a few of the other products from The Body Shop's tea tree line many moons ago and I remember loving the stuff then, too.
Exfoliant-wise, Mario Badescu's Glycolic Acid Toner has been my scrubby of choice. After using this sucker morning and night for quite a few months I'm almost through with the pool blue stuff. As I said in my previous "Current Skincare Routine" post I don't think I'll be repurchasing this bad boy, but it's been nice getting to know ya.
My daytime moisturizer recently has been Clinque's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. All of my past acne ridding endeavors had left my skin weirdly flaky. That stuff ain't cute. As a girl with usually oily skin, you can see my confusion. I found this pretty little pink princess after doing a good amount of research on a heavy duty moisturizer for acne prone/oily skin and ohmuhgawd did this deliver. I only got the baby size cause I'm poor as heckie but this little pot of joy will definitely be repurchased. (Psst, this sucker makes a nice eye cream too as it's super moisturizing yet gentle)
Aveeno's Clear Complexion Moisturizer has been doing a lovely job of being my nighttime acne fighting badass. I tried using this sucker during the day, but it just wasn't enough for my bizarre flakiness. I figure that since it doesn't have an SPF either that it's salicylic acid component makes it an acceptable cream to beat acne while I snooze.
Another MB love of mine, the Buffering Lotion has been my on-the-spot acne fighter of choice since I first saw it over on Lily Pebbles and I do not expect it to ever leave me. In fact, I also wanna try their famous Drying Lotion for the spots that have come to more of a head.
Welp, that's it! All the stuff that's been making my skin nicer by the day.

Put 'cha hands in the air if you love clear skin
xo
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY