Tony Awards 2014 Inspired Wishlist

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Just in case you couldn't tell from references to Matilda and Kinky Boots in past posts, I'm a Broadway girl. No literally, in 4 years I'll be graduating with a BFA in Musical Theatre. (From a school whose alum are nominated for a number of Tonys this year, thank you very much) Anywho, if you're reading this post, I applaud you. Theatre -especially that of the musical variety- is, unfortunately, a niche form of entertainment. So if you're reading this thinking I've got no idea what this crazy belting chick is talking about what the heck is a time step, feel free to leave now and continue your life as a deprived dum dum or you can continue reading and enjoy your education on the Tony Awards for 2014.
First things first, June 8th at 8pm on CBS. Be ready.
Let's begin. I've created a wish list of makeup products based on the nominees for the 2014 Best Musical. The show I'm rooting for for the greatest award of the night is Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, a jukebox musical whose score is a 60s and 70s pop jackpot and tells the life story of Carole King. Honestly I didn't know much about Carole King before this show other than YOU MAKE ME FEEL like a natural womaaaaaan, but not only is her music wonderful,her story is truly inspiring. You wanna feel beautiful like Carole? Get yourself some gloriously glowy skin. The Nars Illuminator in Copacabana creates a gorgeous glow that won't make you feel like a disco ball, but will make you get up every mornin' and show the world all the love in your heart.

Next up is After Midnight, a show I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even know was a thing until the noms came out. It's a celebration of Harlem's jazz club scene in the 40s with rotating lead actors. Yup, you heard me; every three weeks or so there's new headliners. In honor of After Midnight's classy jazzy-ness, I've added Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Always Red for a period appropriate pout that'll last all the way until After Midnight. *ba dum tssss*

Next up is Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder; a show with a title almost as worrisome as Urinetown. From what I gather, it's a marvelous caricature of a murder mystery set in the 1800s. In honor of this bright and wacky musical, why not use a bright lip stain like Fresh's Sugar Lip balm in the -very appropriate shade- passion. Keep it simple and no one'll suspect it was you in the library with the candlestick.

The final nominee for Best Musical is none other than the sparkly-as sparkly-gets Aladdin. I'm listening to the OBCR (Original Broadway Cast Recording) as I type this and let me tell you, this show is more Disney than I've ever heard. It takes Disney to new levels. Now if you're not down for that, I suggest you quit being a downer and go take a bath in some pixie dust and come back and enjoy the magic with the rest of us. The product I've chosen to rep Aladdin is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner to give you the super stylish flick all the girls in Agrabah are sporting. In fact, why not do one of those double color liner flicks that are real "in" right now using Jasmine's signature aqua blue?

Now those may be all of the nominees, but I just had to add a bonus for the show that owns my frickin' soul and got nominated for count 'em zero Tonys; Big Fish. Pshh I'm not bitter noooo OF COURSE NOT. Just kidding I'm super bitter. Anywho, you want a boy to see you from across a circus and decide right then and there you're his soulmate? Of course you do. Use Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy, a color guaranteed to get you compliments. Now get some tissues and cry about how this show only lasted for three months.


And just in case I haven't converted you yet, Hugh Jackman is hosting
so there
xo
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY