#ICan't // La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bonjour ducklings!! Have you guys ever seen the show Girl Code on MTV? Well for those of you who haven't, you should, cause it's ab workout levels of hilarious. (Psst there's entire episodes on youtube go friends go) For those of you who have seen Girl Code, however, you know how they have that one little snippet every episode called "#ICan't" where a member of the cast goes off on a mini rampage about something or someone that makes them just go, "ugh, I can't"? Well if I was a member of the cast of Girl Code (#thedream) my rampage would be about the Effaclar Duo. Let me elaborate...

Now if you're an avid reader of beauty blogs, specifically British ones (and let's be real here, most of them are for some reason) you'll have heard of this "epic" product. I've read review after review after favorites post after skincare heroes post raving about this stuff. And since I'm far too easily swayed by the likes of fabulous bloggers, I felt super chic picking up this stuff when I saw this fancy schmancy French brand is now stocked by Target. It wasn't until I got home that I saw on the box that the main acne fighting ingredient in this sucker is none other than benzoyl peroxide: my arch nemesis. My mental process then went as follows, "Well a bunch of people accept this product as their Lord and savior and I'm far too lazy to go all the way back to Target, so I'll give it a shot anyway. What can it hurt?" 
Well guess what? It did hurt. Not physically, like stinging or anything, but in the fact that it only transformed my angry acne into fantastically dry, scabby acne. Not exactly the Cinderella transformation I was expecting.
For some dumb reason (misplaced hope, I guess...) I kept using it for a few more days. Now here we are, April 6th, 2014, and I've got these weird circles of flaky skin surrounding scabby bumps all over my cheeks. They're like little crusty Saturns surrounded by rings of flakes. A lovely image to give you, I know, but I'm bitter about it.
I wanted to love this product. I really, really did. I wanted it to be the thing that would clear up my face once and for all and we could ride off into the sunset together. But alas, it was not meant to be.
Seriously, is there some kind of formulation difference between the Effaclar Duo available in Europe compared to the ones freshly arrived at our Targets and Ultas? Is it simply because I'm not an English rose but an American...lily? daisy? I dunno, what flower are we American girls? Regardless, Effaclar Duo hit the road, because #ICan't.

American daisy sounds cutest so I'm gonna roll with that
xo
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY