REVIEW // MAC Creme Cup & Viva Glam I

Monday, January 13, 2014


Bonjour Ducklings!! Here we are with my very first review. Now originally, I hadn't planned on getting these two shades of the cult favorite MAC lipstick. I went from MAC counter to MAC counter in my local mall one day searching for the shade Patisserie, only to be told that the shade is only sold in stores and not at counters (just so y'all know). So as I browsed through the bleacher stand of tubes anyway, I came across Creme Cup, remembering it from countless beauty bloggers' favorites. Well if they think it's fab, so will I, I thought and handed over my debit card.

Cut to about a week later when I'm finally near a stand alone MAC store and walk in ravenously ready for Patisserie. I joyously asked the salesgirl for the shade only to have her come back to say it was sold out. Sold out. The beauty junkie's worst nightmare. Just those two words give me flashbacks to the Urban Decay Nakes palettes and basically everything NARS has ever released.
I was disappointed in the lack of Patisserie in the vicinity, but left the store with the ever fabulous Viva Glam I. It's literally impossible for me to leave a MAC store without a new somthin'-somethin' in my paws. And after all that, I'm still on the search for that ding dang Patisserie, which seems to be in league with the Weinerschnitzel hot dog as it continues to evade my grasp.
Anyway, let's discuss the shades I do have:
Creme Cup


Creme Cup is a pink-y nude shade that, in my opinion, is best suited to fairer skin tones for a "your lips but better" look and a baby pink look on darker skin tones. It's one of MAC's famous cremesheen formulas a glides on lovely. It's quite hydrating but the color fades fairly quickly, so pop this in your makeup bag before you leave. Creme Cup is the perfect lip shade for a Sunday Brunch, family gathering, or anywhere you want to look like a total sweetheart. It would also pair well with a strong eye as it's so simple it'll let your fancy schmancy eye makeup do the talking.

Viva Glam I


Viva Glam I is a blue toned red that's on the darker end of the spectrum, yet not quite vampy. It's quite a universal shade and would look good on any skin tone. The Matte formula is true to its name, going onto the lips with a smooth, dry finish. If you've got any chill-induced flakes on your smackers you'll want to make sure you take care of those and get a layer of balm or chapstick underneath this product. It can be layered to create a deep red look or blotted on to enhance natural lip color. That being said, it's a great shade just for running errands if you're gonna blot it, but apply a few layers and be ready to feel fiercer than the drag queens of Kinky Boots.



What's your favorite shade of MAC lipstick?
xo
Lissie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY