You Are So Loved

Thursday, January 2, 2014


A gleaming beacon of joy
My darling Sephora, you are so loved. For my first real post I thought I'd tell y'all a little tale of my most recent encounter with the makeup chain.

December 26th, I skip into the hustling and bustling Sephora at my local mall with Christmas money in hand. I'm super stoked to get my hands on a tube of the ever raved about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not usually one to ask for help as I browse. In fact, I'd much rather be left to fill the backs of my hands and forearms with hundreds of different swatches in peace, thanks. So I test a couple of the lightest shades of the LM foundation and settle on Cream Ivory.
Just look at those sprawling walls of stuff to put on your face
 Now flash forward to the next day, I've applied my new foundation only to find that in normal light it is far too yellow for my rosy as heck face (thanks for that, Dad). Dissappointed in the color but loving it's ability to hide my battalion of acne scars, I return to Sephora on New Years Eve to exchange it.
When I arrived, it was packed. And I mean packed. I told the very nice lady at the door of my situation and she told me that it would definitely be a wait until one of the "Color Artists" could assist me, but to go stand by the LM counter anyway. After a much too long wait and desperately craning my neck around looking for an employee, I grabbed Rose Ivory (the shade the Sephora website said would work for me) and headed to the checkout.
Flash forward to the next day, again, and now I've found that this shade makes my face much too orange, with a lovely border along my neck making it very known. Worried about making two returns, I traipsed back to the slightly smaller Sephora in the attachment to the main mall with my Mom. She spoke to the girl at the counter for me (I'm a weenie, I know) and a Color Artist was called over to help me.
After a Color IQ session with a very kind employee, I've discovered that the LM Silk Creme Foundation simply does not come in my color, see ya in another life LM. I did, however, leave with a lovely Givenchy foundation that actually matches my skin color and makes my skin look great.
Moral of the story; Sephora's got some great customer service, well, when they're not busy at least. And if you can find a local Sephora that's at least semi-calm, stay loyal to it.

I will love you forever Sephora,
xo
Lissie
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11496883/?claim=66cmzeetzk7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY