Inspo // Gryffindor

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

 Okay so I do not know what it is recently but my love for Harry Potter has come back in full force. Not that it's not always there, just kinda under the surface most of the time. I definitely stayed up 'til 4am to find one of those ding dang feathers to get onto Pottermore early and I also vehemently sobbed at the midnight premiere of Deathly Hallows Part 2. Like so much my friends made fun of me...we're not friends anymore.
Now I don't know about y'all but I take my Hogwarts house very seriously. It's genuinely a solid part of my identity. Before Pottermore and it's official, Rowling-made quiz I was never sure whether I was a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor. But fear not, friends, I now know I am truly a Gryffindor and will always be here to save you make-up loving lovelies. Anyway, onto the look...
Do you bleed red and gold? 
Is Professor Snape the butt of most of your jokes?
Are you always willing to stand up for what's right?
Well then you're probably a Gryffindor. Hello, fellow lion!! Now generally I can't deal with Muggle sports, but Quidditch is another story. Wanna show your house pride for the next game? Of course ya do.
You want Ron Weasley to think you have as nice of skin as Hermione does? Then begin with a foundation that leaves your skin looking natural. Use your favorite concealer over it to cover up any blemishes, scars, dark circles and the like. My personal fave is the ever raved about Nars Creamy Concealer. Don't get crazy with your base though, we don't want things getting cakey.
We can't forget the gold half of our house color combo now, can we? Lightly dust some gold shadow over your lids for a lovely sheen that will light up your eyes. Liner-wise, take a black pencil and draw a light- and I mean light -line as close as you can to your lash line, then smudge it out. We're not going for a full on smokey eye (we ain't no Slytherins here), but more of a naturally defined eye. Curl and coat your lashes...or don't. I'm not McGonagall I'm not gonna tell you what to do, just do with your lashes what floats your boat.
One of my favorite ways to create a natural flush on the cheeks is with a stain. Not all of us are Quidditch heroes and have that "just been flying" flush all the time, therefore we turn to something along the lines of Stainiac or Benetint. Swipe some across your cheekbones and blend in quickly.
To finish off the look break out your favorite red lippy. I've recently been enjoying the Revlon Matte Balm in Standout, but anything that'll last through Potions class will do just fine.
And that's it! Now go and face the world like the fierce lion you are.


Mischief Managed
xo
Claire





No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY