What's On My Face: 3/19/2014

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bonjour ducklings!! Yet another week has gone by without me posting I know, I know I'm sorryyyyyyy. Let's overlook that, shall we? And get on to what we all really care about. The stuff on my face.


My "face underwear" if you will of the day was the Coola Sunscreen BB Cream. It's a sample I received in my Birchbox this month and I've been testing it to review on their site for points. It doesn't give much coverage, but it's got a Benefit Porefessional-esque feel to it which I personally enjoy. The brand is mainly sunscreen so I'm pretty sure there's some SPF in all of their products. It keeps the skin nice and matte for a good while and I'm always down for a little extra sun protection. Who isn't, really?
As I said, the Coola BB cream doesn't cover much, so some BareMinerals Original Foundation and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer were justly employed. I've actually got a bit of an obsession with BareMinerals lately and plan on purchasing some more of their lovely stuff soon.
For those of you new to the wonder that is the Stila Convertible Color, welcome. It's a lovely product designed to be used for both cheek and lip, cutting down the number of things you need to slap on your face. I have the shade poppy; a true red which, when used sparingly, gives a lovely flush to the cheeks and a bit of color to natural lips.
My eyeliner game fluctuates from day to day, varying between pencil or liquid or just a line of some random eyeshadow. Today, however, I decided to draw an itsy bitsy -and I mean genuinely teeny tiny- line just along my eyelashes and then used the smudger to make it a bit more natural. My current standard black liner is the Bobbi Brown Smokey Kajal Liner, but I've got my eye on at least three different colors of the Stila Smudge Liners. Sorry Bobbi, I may leave you.
i just realized that I forgot to photograph today's mascara, but that kinda goes to show how iffy I feel about it. My eyelashes were curled and then coated lightly with Maybelline Falsies Waterproof, cause if you don't have a light hand with that sucker your lashes may become the dreaded Clump Monster. It's a very wet formula whereas I prefer a drier one, maybe I'll like it more once it dries up a bit. Anywho, that was my face of the day!!

Don't forget to clean your brushes or the Clump Monser may EAT YOU
xo
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY